This week was kind of boring. I had a promotion at work and it didn't go over so well. I was able to meet a lot of nice people and we sold some hearing aids but it just didn't seem busy enough. Usually when we have a good promotion we will get about 50-60 appointments (we maybe had 10 appointments total this time around). I love keeping busy at work and helping people hear better. (don't worry, I won't rant about hearing) Oh well...I guess our timing wasn't right. You can never predict how marketing strategies will work out.
The house was even more quiet last night with Andrew at camp and Arin at Youth Conference. Kevin and Ashleigh were able to sneak out for a Daddy/Daughter date and Arica hung out with her one of her good friends from High School. It seems that when I am home surrounded by all the activities I crave a little slice of quite "me" time but then when I have that chunk of "me" time...it isn't all that much fun and I want the noise and laughter back as quickly as possible. I guess that is human nature...we all want the opposite of what we have instead of being thankful for the moment we are in. Hummm...I will have to remember this.
We are re-decorating Andrew's room while he is out in the "Wilderness". We are doing a Red Sox theme. All the walls will be white expect for the one accent wall it will be RED...Red Sox RED! We are going to put Red Sox Nation in vinyl lettering. I am hoping that we will have this project done before Andrew gets home. Ash is working very hard on it while Arica and I work...Arin has been a little helpful and then left for Youth Conference until Saturday. We will all have to really step it up tonight so that we can do the unveiling tomorrow at noon...when Andrew gets home. I will try to post a picture. I should have done a before and after...but it is already after. Too late.
Well...so much for this random post. I like having a better focused title. Hope you are still awake after reading this.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Of course I'm awake!!! Anyways...it's too bad that we didn't get it all the way done before Andrew came home but I think he's still happy we're doing it!
Plus it's my room too!
Hi Maggie!
I found you through Jenn-Lee's blog. I just love you and your family, I miss you guys! You are such a fantastic Mom. You are raising such good, thoughtful, happy children. Wanna take over with mine!?
Glad I found your blog- I'll check back often!
Post a Comment