Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Lotion, Shampoo, Conditioner and Baking Soda
Three weeks ago Kevin was out of town on business. When he came home he unloaded a bag filled with lotion, shampoo and conditioner. It was amazing. The hotel replaced the bottles every day for 2 weeks. How could one man with a buzz cut go through that much product in a 2 week time period? I have to say I was rather excited. I placed a basket in the bathroom and filled it with our hotel treasures. It was like being on vacation. Every couple of days since I have selected my hotel products and lathered up with the free stuff. My hair was feeling kind of strange by week two. I wasn't liking my hotel products as much as I wanted to...after all they were free! I pressed forward not wanting to buckle just because the quality of the shampoo and conditioner were substandard...(not that I really spend a whole lot on my regular hair care products)...I wanted the free stuff. One evening I had been out walking in 100 degree temps and knew there was no way I would sleep well if I didn't take another shower..so I hopped in the shower and scrubbed my head and rinsed(as needed) and then lathered up with conditioner...still thinking that these free products might just have to go...I glanced at the bottle..only to realize I had been conditioning with LOTION! For almost 3 weeks I had been greasing up my hair with lotion! UGH! I quickly grabbed the shampoo and re-washed my hair..apply real conditioner...and my hair feels so much better. Later that night I talked with my friend Sharon and told her my lotion disaster. She gave me a great beauty secret...wash your hair with a tiny bit of baking soda mixed with shampoo once a week. It will strip all the other products off of your hair and it will feel funny..kind of like straw but then you can apply a good conditioner. My hair feels so much better. I am amazed! Thanks Sharon for getting me out of the lotion mess. So much for free products...you think they would make the labels a little different. Or...maybe I really do need glasses. NAWWWW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
DUDE MOM - (ashleigh again) why haven't you told us this story before!! SO funny! anyways I'm glad you FINALLY realized it! And I'm looking forward to trying the baking soda trick...have you done it yet?
oh my goodness! Congrats! I am about to leave to go horsebackriding but I willr ead it all when I get back ! I am so excited! Yeah!!!! Welcome to the blog world!!
That is so funny! I am sorry about your lotion mishap. I did that one time with my body wash and it lathers really well and took forever to get the bubbles out of my hair! I couldn't imagine lotion! for 2 weeks!!!! Cool trick on the BS.. (haha thats funny the way that looks)
Ill try it. Although lately All I do is wash and pull it back while wet so there is no product build up. Im cutting it soon so back to my gunk I go. :) cute post and great writing style! love it!keep going!
Thanks Jenn-lee you have been such and inspiration! I love blogging!
Post a Comment