Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our Happy Camper!

Arin is at girls camp this week. It has only been 39 hours or so since I saw her last and I miss her. It is so strange when any of the kids are gone even just for the day. I figured I could take this time to "spotlight" our Arin.

Arin is our third daughter/child. She is 16 years old but will be 17 in a few weeks. She is a brilliant writer. She loves stories. Her favorite saying is

"Everyone deserves a happily ever after."

She is a romantic at heart. She loves to get up very early in the mornings and write for hours. She treats all of characters as if they were close friends. She loves to read and will re-read the same book over and over. She is passionate about baseball. She loves the Red Sox and it is so much fun watching a game with her. She continues to amaze me with her vast knowledge of the game. Kevin has been teaching her well. She is also a good artist. I imagine one day that she will write books and illustrate them as well. Arin loves! She just has the biggest heart and is truly watching out for anyone who might not fit in...she takes them under her wing and makes them feel welcomed. If I had to really describe Arin this is how it would be....Arin is silly, smiley, sweet, sensational, spiritual, spunky, serious, spontaneous and sometimes sarcastic. She is everything good. I love her and can't wait until she comes home with all her camp stories.


4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

oh arin! I miss her too...i can't wait to see her when she gets home and she always brings a smile to my face when I get home from somewheres!

Arica said...

Oh Arin...it's so weird without her here...I don't get my usual greeting as I walk in the door..."Hey Erky-Poo!" I wish I could go to camp with her...I love her stories and I know she'll have a ton when she comes back after her first year of being a YCL! :)

Kevin said...

You nailed it!! "Arin loves!" She is a heart with legs and arms. I like when she walks up to me and says, "What's up Popsicle?" I am certain she will come home from camp with a story about a 'bug'. There is ALWAYS a story about a bug.

Unknown said...

Thanks for writing such sweet words about Erin. I knew I loved that girl but now I love her even more! You should show her Blurb. Who says you have to be an adult to make a book these days. :) Love your blog Maggie! I am getting to know your family so much more!