Saturday, June 14, 2008

Clean Sweep and random thoughts...

Today I redeemed my "Clean Sweep" coupon I recieved from the kids for mother's day. A few weeks back we cleaned the attic and today we deep cleaned the dinning room, living room and den. We had all intentions of cleaning the kitchen but that will have to wait for another day. We are tired! We spent about 6 hours (with a quick lunch break) cleaning and organizing. It was fun. The kids are such good sports about helping me clean. They understand that I want things to have a home and to stay there. I have never been blessed with good organizational skills and it is extrememly hard for me to stay focused and keep on top of things. The kids really make it easy for me and really support me by helping out any way they can. I am so blessed. I feel like we really did something good today and it was fun and hard work. I really like being productive and feeling like I didn't waste my time by sitting around doing nothing. Thanks kids for making our home a little bit of Heaven here on earth. I love you!

I weighed in today. I lost 1.4 pounds. I was very nervous because I didn't keep good track of my points this week. I had alot of meetings and work things going on and tried to stay on program. I just didn't want to gain anything so I am very pleased with losing what I did. Mom did good this week too. She puts me to shame because she walks everyday in the morning. She is such a great inspiration.

Tomorrow is Father's Day. I have to say that growing up I really didn't enjoy Father's Day. My Dad had some serious problems that I just didn't understand back then. It wasn't until he was sick and dying that I realized he did the best he could. I am so thankful to Kevin for being such a great father. He cares and loves the kids so much and really takes the time to teach them so that they will be prepared for things to come. He is soooo funny too. We laugh and mess around everyday. There is always laughter in our home and that is because Kevin is so much fun and just plain silly. Andrew said today how he likes how our family is so kind and loving toward each other. I am so thankful that our kids can feel that. Thanks Kevy for being such a great man and a wonderful father! I love you!

I am still working on getting more pictures up here. I just need to take the time to do it. Maybe later this evening. I will see if Arica can help me...I am still new. Enjoy a productive Saturday!

3 comments:

Arica said...

Hey momma!! I'm glad we did the clean sweep but I think all of us just weren't as "into" it as we were the attic...I don't know. We'll have to tackle the kitchen sometime though!! LOVE YOU!

Jenn-Lee said...

Sounds like fun! I am in the process of having a clean sweep in my room this week and helping my mom clean sweep for moving. It is so fullfilling when you get things done. I love it. Your family is so sweet and happy. i love it and hope my kids love me that much when they are older too! You are a great example to me!!!

Ashleigh said...

Clean Sweep was harder - the attic we never use half the things there - the actual house we use everyday - hopefully...so I think it was harder to clean it out...Plus on clean sweep they build you bookcases and such to help you stay organized! But I do think we got alot done - I think the living and dining room will look way better when we pull up that carpet!