Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Crazy!

Okay...every time I go to get into my blog I can't remember my password! I get so nervous that my mind goes blank. Arica just helped me for the last few minutes trying to get my password right. I don't know how many times I can tell gmail that I have forgotten my password. Oh well...I am in here now and I shall write since it has been awhile.

We cleaned out the attic Saturday. It looks amazing! I actually feel pretty good about it. The kids and I worked all day. It was a mess and I am surprised at how many things I have stowed away waiting for "someday" to roll around. That "someday" came and went on Saturday and we now have a clean attic to the point that I can actually see what is up there. We have stored mostly our camping equipment, Christmas decorations, luggage and a few mementos that mean too much to throw away. I am considering buying some trunks so the kids can each have a space for their things they want to take with them when they leave the nest. Kevin has a really nice trunk we have lugged with us everywhere we have traveled. It holds many stories and memories. It is too big to put in the attic so Andrew has had to deal with it in his closet all these years.

I have changed my schedule at work and will have Friday's off. I am pretty excited about it. We will all be home on the same day and actually get to spend some time together. I feel the dreaded empty nest looming our way and before I know it the kids will be out on their own. I am totally not ready for that.

I promise to put some pictures up here...I just need to take a few minutes and do it.

Sorry this is so random...this is why I titled this post as CRAZY. That is how I am feeling today.

1 comment:

Jenn-Lee said...

such a great idea. i think I want to do that. I love it! I wish I had a hope chest or trunk for when I was growing up. I will do it for my kids. Love it! Your empty nest will be special and fun BTW.