
It is sooo hot outside! I am not sure what the temperature really is but if feels like at least 1000 degrees. Okay...so I am exaggerating....maybe it is only 900 degrees. Anyway...it is very hot and we are all couped up inside enjoying the A/C as it runs non-stop. I hate to see my electric bill.
Yesterday we braved the hot weather and went to the Taste of Charlotte festival. I guess it was a festival. It was fun. Kevin, Arin, Andrew and I rode the Lynx downtown so we wouldn't have to park downtown. It was fun. We tasted a few yummy things but we mostly wanted anything cold. We stood under the misting tent for a few minutes to cool off and when we got out the water dried up instantly. It was fun and I was surprised that I didn't feel all that tired.
We took the Sister missionaries to the "fish camp" last night. Captain Steve's has been a family favorite of ours for years. It was actually a real fish camp back in the day. Kevin and his family all went there and he has many fond memories there. Taking the Sisters with us made our special spot even more special. They ran into a few contacts they knew and might even have a contact to teach very soon. It was a great night.
Today my Mom and I weighed in at Weight Watcher's. I finally reached my 40 pound mark. I am half way to my goal! I am so excited. Mom gained a little this week but this is the first time she has ever gained. We have both lost 40 pounds. It helps doing it together. I need to work out and really get an exercising program....not my strong suit. I have 40 pounds to go. I am hoping that by Christmas I will be at my goal weight.
Tonight I am going out with my good friend Sharon. I can't wait to chat with her and just get caught up with things. It has been a while since we have just hung out and talked.
I guess I had better get the kids moving on a few things before we all scatter for the evening.
I hope your weekend was great!
Yesterday we braved the hot weather and went to the Taste of Charlotte festival. I guess it was a festival. It was fun. Kevin, Arin, Andrew and I rode the Lynx downtown so we wouldn't have to park downtown. It was fun. We tasted a few yummy things but we mostly wanted anything cold. We stood under the misting tent for a few minutes to cool off and when we got out the water dried up instantly. It was fun and I was surprised that I didn't feel all that tired.
We took the Sister missionaries to the "fish camp" last night. Captain Steve's has been a family favorite of ours for years. It was actually a real fish camp back in the day. Kevin and his family all went there and he has many fond memories there. Taking the Sisters with us made our special spot even more special. They ran into a few contacts they knew and might even have a contact to teach very soon. It was a great night.
Today my Mom and I weighed in at Weight Watcher's. I finally reached my 40 pound mark. I am half way to my goal! I am so excited. Mom gained a little this week but this is the first time she has ever gained. We have both lost 40 pounds. It helps doing it together. I need to work out and really get an exercising program....not my strong suit. I have 40 pounds to go. I am hoping that by Christmas I will be at my goal weight.
Tonight I am going out with my good friend Sharon. I can't wait to chat with her and just get caught up with things. It has been a while since we have just hung out and talked.
I guess I had better get the kids moving on a few things before we all scatter for the evening.
I hope your weekend was great!
1 comment:
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! You also need to tell me where this "fish camp" is???? Daniel would love it probably.
Post a Comment