Monday's are always hard days for me. I am so spoiled with being home Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's that I am so cranky come Monday mornings. I love my job...but I love my family more and I would rather be home with the kids and Kevin (when he is off). I thought that as the kids got older it wouldn't be so hard to leave and go to work, but I feel that time is slipping away and if I am not careful...they will be out of the house and on their own before I know it. But today has been one of those Monday's that I felt okay with going into the office. I knew that the kids all had things to get done and I had a pile of stuff to go through on my desk at work and patients who needed me. I was stunned with one of my morning patients. I haven't known him long...he is 24 years old and has never once cracked a smile or given me any positive feedback. Today I fit him with his new hearing aids...he was so excited to hear again and when we were done he gave me the biggest bear hug I have ever had. He couldn't thank me enough. I was blown away. It made me realize just how important hearing is and should be. He was and is a totally different person now. I am so happy for him.
Another patient I put hearing aids on this afternoon gave me a really tight hug too. I didn't think she was going to let me go. I whispered in her ear..."enjoy hearing". She laughed and said she already did. It was so exciting to see these two patients, who missed hearing everyday sounds let alone the voices of loved ones, just open up and really be truly thankful for their hearing aids.
I just love hugs!
I especially love hugs from my kids and of course Kev. I love it when I get home from work or a church meeting and someone is always there to give me a hug when I walk in the door. I love how randomly Andrew(13 years old) hugs...not just me he hugs all of his sisters and Kevin too. He loves to just run up and act like he is going to tackle you but then he stops and gives a great gentle hug that just warms my heart. There is something to say about the power of a hug. So...if you haven't hugged anyone today... what are you waiting for? Get out there and hug the stuffing out of someone! You will feel great and they will too.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is so neat to be able to witness a person be able to hear again. Something I have never witnessed but I am sure is very special. Thank you for shareing that! Also, what a great idea,..HUG someone! I love it!
I loved the part about hugging the stuffing out of someone...I think I might - I didn't see you at all yesterday, I'm glad we had a little talk on my way home from work...I send you some E-Hugs! Loves - hey it's my first comment on my own name GO ME!
Thanks for the 2nd invite:) LOve Ya!
I love when Andrew randomly hugs us too...I hope as he gets older that doesn't stop. :) I love hearing people in your office thanking you for everything...I'm glad I get to see that you are appreciated. LOVE YOU!
Hey Babe,
This is my first blog EVER! Or answer to a blog. Not sure I am using the correct terms.?!?
Anyway, hugs are great! So are kisses ;-)
I am trying to use these little thingies. and I don't think they are working.. hmmm...?
Arrgh! I just left this long comment only to erase it by mistake. I don't get computers.
Anyway....love the blog! I felt like you were sending me a great big hug it was all just so heartwarming :) Kudos to all the fam for the "clean sweep" help. Great way to show love and appreciation for Mom!
Post a Comment