Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Research and Developement

I had an amazing evening tonight. Andrew had a court of honor. He earned 4 new merit badges and is very close to getting his Life rank. So proud! It was a fun night after a crazy day at work. I love gathering together with friends and ward family. I especially love chatting with the younger kids. I had a great conversation with Matthew Daines. He is so adorable and so fun to talk to. We compared fun things we like to do...and some scary things that I don't like to do. (being in high places) He loves the zip lines...I can live without them. He loves adventure...I do too...to a degree. Must be the 34 year age difference. I told him about Slippery Rock, NC. I think it is a must see place for him to go. He seemed very interested in the whole "natural water slide" and the very cold water at the end. He is very brave. He just got stitches out of his chin and I told him of my stitches in chin story. We have a lot in common now. HEHEEH.
I also had an amazing conversation with Bishop Shaw. I love getting into spiritual and uplifting conversations with him. I get to give the Relief Society Presidency Message this Sunday and had no clue what I would talk about. Just talking to the Bishop I was able to feel the spirit and discuss things that would help all of us sisters with our personal "research and development". I am so excited about my topic that I cannot wait for Sunday to get here. I hope it sounds as good Sunday as it did when Bishop and I were talking. I will try to post some of my thoughts after church.

Bobby Flay Page(our adorable bassett) is fitting right in with our family. Him and ChiChi(our faithful mutt) get along better than I could have dreamed. We love Bobby and feel like he has always been apart of our family. It is so weird to think we finally have our BoB DoG. We have wanted a bassett for years.

Oh...I almost forgot to give you my weight watchers update. I have lost....*drum roll here*....
49.8 pounds!
Okay...please don't think I am bragging. I just really can't believe it. My mom(she has lost 45) and I started this journey in January.....I wasn't all that certain that weight watchers would really help me...I had no will power. I have learned that it isn't will power that gets you to your goal...it is WANT power. I have also learned to enjoy the journey. I still have a way to go to my goal weight...but the cool thing is, is that I have less to loose then I already have lost. (did that make sense?) And the coolest thing is that if I can do it...anyone can do it. *I am not saying that any of you need to, only if you WANT to...just wanted to be clear on that*
One last thing. Arica and I have the opportunity to ride to and from work together M-Th. We work together all summer. We also have the opportunity to solve the world's problems and have deep doctrinal conversations. Today we listened to Beauty and the Beast soundtrack to and from work. It brought back so many memories of the kids growing up. We must have had every Disney cassette tape out...yes, I said cassette tape. Remember...I am old...older. Anyway, we were talking about how the Beast would have never transformed back into a hunky prince if he hadn't had a change of heart. He was willing to give up his life for the woman he loved. And ultimately it was her love that saved him. It really parallels the gospel in that we must be willing to have a mighty change of heart and humble ourselves and give of our lives for the building up of the kingdom here on earth. I am so thankful for an eternal perspective, for the beautiful perfect plan of happiness that Heavenly Father desires for us all. It truly gives me cause for my own research and development. Thanks to all of you who have changed me for the better. I love you!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Mom, You are completely AWESOME! Who would think to look at Beauty and the Beast with an eternal perspective!

I love you!