Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ramblings of a tired working Mom...

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since my last post. Time really passes by. I am still in shock that it is the middle of August. The kids will be going back to school next week. I hate school. Now, I know as a mother that is not the thing to say...but I really do hate the fact that these kids have to be exposed to so much junk. The only good thing about school starting is that Seminary starts as well. For all you young families out there, you will learn to love getting up early with your high school kids and helping them put on "spiritual armor" every morning. It is amazing how well protected they are as they dive into the scriptures every morning before the world creeps in. I am so glad that my older girls set such a good example for Arin and Andrew about attending seminary. Ashleigh and Arica both got up almost every school day and got ready without complaining. They both loved seminary. Arin gets up soooo early. She like to take her time getting ready so she is up sometimes as early as 4 am. She is so crazy. I am so happy that she is keeping the example going for Andrew. My kids amaze me.

I am packing tonight for a conference at the beach. It will be a fun trip since I am going with a good friend,Pam. She was the very first Audiologist I worked with and who inspired me to get my dispensing license. I am really excited to spend some time with her since she is up in Winston-Salem. It will be a little mini vacation with a lot of eduction mixed in. (see, I am not against learning) The only thing about this trip is that my family will be left behind. I am not the best traveler when it comes to going without my kids or Kevy. They will all be fine and will have great stories to tell me when I get home. When the kids were little Kevin would encourage me to get away with a girlfriend here or there and he would take off work and make memories with the kids. I think some of the kids fondest memories were when I would leave and Dad would do things so different from Mom. So, as it is...I am heading out tomorrow and Kevin will hold down the fort and get the last minute school supplies, drop kids off at various activities and there will be laughter and stories for me to look forward to.

I have pictures to share...someday. We have had a busy few days but I will have to leave that for another post. I must get to bed. I have to see a few patients before heading off tomorrow.

Good Night!

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I'll never forget that time when we were playing with our food and we were like Mom says not to play with our food! Dad said I'm not Mom...oh good times!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see pics1 Your little new dog is so cute! My mother in law has one too! Her name is Lucey (The Dog)! Have fun!

Allison said...

hi maggie! If you used to live in Misawa Japan then I have the right person if not sorry and ignore this! This is Allison Goodrich! I hope this is you! Anyway if it is hop on my blog and leave me a comment!

Ben and Jen said...

Hey Maggie - it's Jennifer Condie. Allison told me she found you on here. It's so funny how many people you can find now with just a few clicks. Anyway just wondering where you guys are now and what you're up to. Jen